Beginner Guide “What is data science ?”🤔
In this blog, I will introduce the basic questions that beginners encounter when starting their data science journey .
What is Data Science ? What does a Data Scientist do ? Why Data Science is important ? How much they earn ?
What is Data Science ?
Data Science provides meaningful information based on large amounts of complex data or big data. It uses techniques and theories drawn from many fields within the context of mathematics , statistic, computer science, domain knowledge and information service.
What does a Data Scientist do ?
Data scientist present the data in a much more useful form as compared to the raw data available to them from structured as well as unstructured forms. They can tell beautiful stories from messy data . Most of the data driven predictions are done by data scientist. Their task are as follows :-
- Identifying data analytics problems that offer the greatest value for the organization/company
- Getting to know the most appropriate datasets and variables
- Discovering new solutions and opportunities by analyzing data
- Collecting large sets of structured and unstructured data from disparate sources
- Cleaning and validating data to ensure accuracy, completeness, and uniformity
- Devising and applying models and algorithms for mining big data
- Analyzing the data to identify patterns and trends
- Communicating findings to stakeholders using visualization and other means
Why Data Science is important ?
The increased use of the internet globally is generating data at an unprecedented pace. With the pandemic hitting us, we are consuming and producing more data than ever. As a result, we see a significant rise in the demand for more people in the data science industry.
Data Scientists are the backbone of data-intensive companies. The purpose of Data Scientists is to extract, pre-process and analyze data. Industries need data to help them make careful decisions. Data Science churns raw data into meaningful insights. Therefore, industries need data science. A Data Scientist is a wizard who knows how to create magic using data. A skilled Data Scientist will know how to dig out meaningful information with whatever data he comes across.
This is a small chart on scope of data science in different industries:-
From the above chart, we can clearly predict that data science is taking role in every industry .
How much they earn ?
Based on the role and position of person in company , salary may differ . This is a chart taken from Kaggle survey of data science in 2020. USA is the highest paying country in the world.
Different job roles in data science industry
- The Data scientist
- The Data Analyst
- The Data Architect
- The Data Engineer
- The Statistician
- The Database Administrator
- The Business Analyst
- Data and Analytics Manager
Thank you for reading …😀
I would love to have your feedback and question :)